Performed in Manassas under the direction of Greg Morris, PT, DPT. New graduate/hire will work through initial competency check list. This will involve learning the basics of The Jackson Clinics evaluation and treatment philosophy, company policy and procedures.
New Graduate Program Involves
1) Co-treat with mentor four hours per week for the first month. Hours should be blocked in the schedule.
2) Co-treat with mentor two hours per week for second and third months. One hour will be blocked and one hour occurs with cancellations.
3) Established weekly meeting for one hour with mentor to discuss patient care, new clinical topics, company policies, documentation, etc. These meetings will remain in place up to six months. One hour will be blocked for two months, then the mentor and mentee will decide what is needed for the next 6 months.
4) Whenever possible, evaluations are limited in the first three months to straight forward, single body part, without language complications/ barriers and are limited to no more than three evaluations per day.
5) Thought collection/synthesis breaks in patient schedule load
a) First two weeks there is a ½ hour break after every four patients
b) Second two weeks there is a ½ hour break after every six patients