Are you struggling to find a fitness routine that works for you? We have ideas for ALL levels of athletes, from walking to running and cross training. So, fill up your water bottles and let’s get you moving in May!
Just getting started?
To help you get started, we have come up with a few activities for you to try:
- Go for a walk: The weather is perfect for an outdoor adventure. Need some help keeping it fun? bring a friend or add a scavenger hunt element to it. Try to find or notice new things while you walk – you might even go further than you expected!
- Resistance training: Using a resistance band is a great way to get started. With these, you can work on your muscle groups without a high risk of injury. We use resitance bands in many of our rehabilitation programs and would love to create a workout routine with you!
- Yoga: Yoga is a great way to increase strength and calm the mind! If you would to try it out – try these 10 beginner poses and see if yoga is a good fit for you!
Taking it up a notch
Are you looking to increase your exercise intensity levels? Maybe there’s something you’ve been wanting to try but didn’t know how to start? We can help:
- Running: If you’re struggling to increase your distance or times, sign up for a local 5K/half marathon. Goals help motivate us and keep the journey fun! Don’t forget to stretch and take rest days. A dynamic warm-up should only take about 10 minutes and can keep injuries at bay!
- Bike riding: If you haven’t gotten on your bike in a while this is the perfect time of year to go for a ride! Before going out, make sure to check the tires and seat height. Even if you’re just looking to ride a few miles, you will be more comfortable and have more fun if your setup matches your body.
- Weight lifting: This can seem daunting at first, so make sure to check out our article on Gym Etiquette: Do’s and Don’ts. Most gyms also have personal trainers to show you how to use their equipment properly and safely. And, of course, our team is available to guide you through machines in our clinics!
Next level exercise routines
Have you embraced an active lifestyle and are looking to step it up? If so, give these a shot:
- CrossFit: It’s important to find like-minded individuals to support you in your fitness journey. CrossFit gyms can be a great place to find knowledgeable coaches and tight-knit communities. If you’re unsure of where to start, look for nearby CrossFit gyms and ask for a tour!
- Weight training periodization: Periodization helps to prevent overtraining injuries and plateaus in performance and strength. If you’re not sure where to start or how to introduce periodization into your existing program, we can help!
- Cross-training: This is one of our favorites! By cross-training, you can prevent overuse injuries, energize different muscle groups, and can alleviate any boredom with your current routine. The best way to cross-train is to commit to trying different things and mixing up your training. Are you an avid runner? Try cycling for a few weeks. Avid weight lifter? Try yoga or pilates. You’ll love the way you feel!
We hope you have a wonderful time moving this May! No matter your age or skill level, exercise can do wonders for our mental and physical health. If you’re in pain or unsure of how to start, click the link below and our team will help you get off to a fast start!
Unsure as to whether it is safe for you to exercise? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly!