Improve dizziness symptoms and balance problems.
Therapy for vestibular disorders can take many forms. The type of exercise utilized depends upon the unique problems that the individual demonstrates during the evaluation. Some exercises are geared toward helping with balance, some with helping the brain resolve differences in the inner ear signals, and some with improving the ability to visually focus. In addition, general exercise is often prescribed to improve overall physical health and well-being.
Our specialized therapists will:
- Give exercises that make symptoms more manageable
- Provide coping strategies to make recovery quicker and easier
- Decrease fatigue – often a side effect of dizziness
- Improve balance, confidence, and safety
- BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
- Unilateral loss (ie: vestibular neuritis or acoustic neuroma
- Bilateral loss (ie: gentamicin toxicity)
- Meniere’s Syndrome; Perilymphatic Fistula
- Post-traumatic vertigo
- Multifactorial disequilibrium of the elderly
Locations and specialists are subject to change. Please call 540-687-8181 for the most current information.